The Journal of Contemporary Education Theory & Research is an open-access, international, multi-disciplinary, refereed (double blind peer-reviewed) journal aiming to promote and enhance research in all fields of education, including educational practice and research as well as management of educational units. The journal is intended for readers in the scholarly community who deal with different education sectors. The Journal of Contemporary Education Theory & Research provides a platform for debate and dissemination of research findings, new research areas and techniques, conceptual developments, and articles with practical application to education sectors. Besides research papers, the journal welcomes book reviews, conference reports, case studies, research notes and commentaries. The Journal of Contemporary Education Theory & Research aims at:
- Disseminating and promoting research, good practice and innovation in all aspects of education, including educational practice and research as well as management of educational units, to its prime audience including educators, researchers, post-graduate students, policy makers, and education practitioners.
- Encouraging international scientific cooperation and understanding, and enhancing multi-disciplinary research across various educational sectors.
Scope & Peer-Review Policy
The scope of the journal is international and all papers submitted are subject to an initial screening by a member of the Editorial Board, and subsequently by strict blind peer review by 3 anonymous international reviewers. The journal features conceptual and empirical papers, and editorial policy is to invite the submission of manuscripts from academics, researchers, post-graduate students, policy-makers and education practitioners. The Editorial Board will be looking particularly for articles about new trends and developments within different sectors of education and the application of new ideas and developments that are likely to affect educational practice, theory, policy and research. Journal of Contemporary Education Theory & Research also welcomes submission of manuscripts in areas that may not be directly education-related but cover a topic that is of interest to researchers, educators, policy-makers and practitioners in various educational sectors. The topics related to this journal include but are not limited to:
- Educational systems architectures
- Education policy
- Didactic and pedagogical issues
- Teaching and learning strategies
- Collaborative learning
- Environmental education
- Learning environment
- Distance education
- Quality and assessment in education
- Information and communication technologies for education
- Management of educational units
- Pre-school education
- Primary, secondary and higher education
- Vocational education
Manuscripts published in Journal of Contemporary Education Theory & Research should not have been published previously in any copyright form (print or electronic/online), unless the author(s) explicitly hold the copywrite under a CC-BY Licence. The general criteria for the acceptance of articles are:
- Contribution to the promotion of scientific knowledge in the greater multi-disciplinary field of education.
- Adequate and relevant literature review.
- Scientifically valid and reliable methodology.
- Clarity of writing.
- Acceptable quality of English language.
Journal of Contemporary Education Theory & Research is published twice per year (in Spring and in Autumn). Each issue includes the following sections: editorial, full papers, research notes, case studies, book reviews, conference reports, industry viewpoints, and forthcoming events.
Open Access Policy:
Journal of Contemporary Education Theory & Research is an Open Access journal, conforming fully to the Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI), and all of its content is available immediately after publication. Journal of Contemporary Education Theory & Research has adopted the BOAI policy of “free availability on the public internet, permitting its users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of its articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself. The only constraint on reproduction and distribution, and the only role for copyright in this domain, is to give authors control over the integrity of their work and the right to be properly acknowledged and cited”.